Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Short Time On the River



A good evening on the river, even if time was cut short. Kate came with me but wasn't feeling too well. No fish for her, but her casting continues to improve. 

I got two chubnobyls in the hour. I went with a Goddard caddis, even if none were hatching. I figured fish would mistake it for a grasshopper or even a small mouse. At least the chubs thought so, and while I consider them garbage fish, they are relatively big in this river so at least they put up a fun fight (and it saves a skunk). 

After awhile, I noticed Kate was sitting on the rocks and not fishing. I felt bad and walked over to check up on her. She said she was fine and just enjoying the scenery (can't blame her). Still, I insisted we go since she felt a bit sick, but I'm glad she still had fun. 

Looking forward to going north this weekend. Cooler river temps will hopefully yield some trout. 

Area: Large river with lots of structures and pools. 
Water notes: Clear, aside from the usual tannins. 
Weather: Mid 70s, sunny. 
Time: 6pm-7pm
Flies: Goddard Caddis (size 12), wooly bugger (size 12)
Fish: Two large chubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment