Saturday, August 10, 2013

Intro

Why this blog? It's simple. I've found my running blog to be an immense resource for several reasons: connecting with others, organizing my thoughts and as a valuable way to keep notes. I've had it up and running since 2006, chronicling every workout. I cannot imagine running without it. I sincerely do it for myself, but am honored that it has at times proved valuable to others as well.

So, why not apply the same with another huge passion of mine, fly fishing? It is time. I'm still pretty green at fly fishing, however 2013 has been a "breakout" year. To put it simply, I'm catching fish.

This blog will serve to chronicle every outing. Unlike with running, I'm able to take pictures easily. I also tie my own flies and will post those here as well. There will also be product reviews when I see fit.

My writings here will be more for myself. I'm a chronic journalist, always have been, but if you're reading this I bid you welcome and hope you enjoy what you see here. Like I said, I'm pretty new, so if you're a seasoned veteran (or learning, like me) I'd love to hear your advice and input.

Thanks,
-Jamie (aka Squatch)

No comments:

Post a Comment