Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Murky Waters

Up in the Bangor area visiting family. My father in-law, wife and I headed to a local river this morning. Slow going. I got a pretty good sized bass and a huge 14" Chernobyl chub (Chubnobyl?) though. I've never seen one that big and could have sworn I had a salmon or trout on the line. Gary got a nice looking perch. Kate didn't pull up anything, but she still had fun. She's still learning and her casting is improving nicely.

This river looks promising. Water is still a bit warm, but it looked nice for trout. Will try it again when it's cooler. Not photographed was an area I hiked down to that had a lot of rocks for good resting areas for our fine spotted friends.



Locale: Medium-sized river, water a bit muddy and stained. Slightly high levels and fast water.
Weather: Upper 60's, partly cloudy turning to overcast.
Time: 10:00am-12:00pm
Flies: Bead-headed prince nymph (lost); Mickey Finn variation, size 14 (both fish)
Fish: 14" chub, 1.5 lb. smallie.

No comments:

Post a Comment